Ceiling Mounted Fume Extraction at Fife Beauty College
Posted on September 3rd, 2014
We have just completed the supply of extraction equipment to Fife College Beauty Department.
Contacted by the consulting engineer working on behalf of the project, a state of the art Hair Salon was to be developed for hair treatment courses commencing in September 2014. With the goal of creating a safe, practical and eco-friendly learning environment, Fife College were looking for the supply of 21 ceiling mounted extraction arms.
We were asked to supply a low energy system that would effectively extract the range of particulates resulting from hair treatments, including;
- Odours found in glues used in the application of hair extensions
- Chemicals found in hair dyes and colouring agents
- Fumes released in hair sprays
- Fine hair clippings
Prolonged exposure to the above can cause headaches, breathing difficulties, nausea and skin difficulties to name just a few, representing the need for adequate air filtration systems.
The unit we used was one of the Purex range of digital extraction units that filters the air through large labyrinth particle filters and carbon filters and returns the cleaning air back into the room with minimal loss of air temperature.
The arms were supplied by Alsident of Sweden and are mounted in the ceiling. With a flexible and user friendly design, they’re manipulated into position over the client by the student prior to commencing the treatment.
Benefits of Flexible Above Head Ventiliation
Benefits of this form high level ventilation include;
- Clear vision maintained through use of transparent hood
- Innovative arm offers incredible positioning capabilities
- Above head location allows for maximum collection of the upward moving particulates
- Digitally controlled with both particle and carbon filtering
- Hides tidy when not in use
Protect your Students and Clients
Does your school or college offer hair and beauty training courses? If so, get in touch with us today for completely free advice on how our cost effective air extraction solutions can benefit your learning environments.
t: 01423 790 039